Monday, December 17, 2007

I Am Legend

I saw "I Am Legend" over the weekend. I'd heard that the reviews weren't stellar, but I wanted to see it anyways. I thought it was a great movie. The story development is well done, special effects were excellent, and the story moved along. There was never a point when I was sitting wondering when they were going to get on with things, it kept up at a good pace and the director made excellent use of sounds, and camera angles to keep the tension high, without resorting to constant jump scenes. While there were some things to complain about, they were minimal compared to most thriller movies. The plot mostly made sense, which does a lot in terms of keeping me in the story. I won't go into too much detail so that I don't ruin it for people, but I enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good thriller. There's very little gore, and not much in the way of foul language either (that I remember), nor is there any completely irrelevant love interest story that randomly develops, "necessitating" a gratuitous sex scene as is often the case with such movies. It is simply a good, thrilling, scary movie.

1 comment:

alishka babushka said...

definitely scary...but then you would know that. ;)