Monday, March 09, 2009

How many interviews does it take to get a job?

Though cousin to the more popular "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Toosie Roll pop?" my question is probably more important.

I just completed my sixth, yes 6th interview with Lawrence Livermore National Labs. I've been told that I can probably expect a job offer, but anything official must come through HR, so I can't take that to mean I will be offered a job.

I think that is actually the last of the interviews though. To summarize them:

1 Preliminary screening interview after the Career Fair in January
3 On-site interviews in Livermore, California last week
1 Position placement phone interview last week after returning to Provo
1 Position placement phone interview today

These last two phone interviews are very good signs that I will be offered a job, but there's still the possibility of it not happening.

So, ladies and gentlemen, it appears that CPM will probably need to decide in the coming weeks if he'd like to live in California and work for LLNL for the next stage of his life.

What do you all think?

2 comments:

Tianna said...

I vote no. But I'm biased.

Rachel Helps said...

I grew up around that area, and it's great - beautiful weather, lots to do (tons of concerts/museums to go to), great restaurants (and there are some decently priced ones in Berkeley). Oh wait, this is Livermore... I think they have a lab right next to UC Berkeley, too. Anyway, it sounds like a good job you could keep for a long time, even if the cost of living will be quite high. And if the job is something you enjoy doing, I say go for it.