Monday, October 23, 2006

It's been awhile

I'm sorry blog, I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy. I'll make it up to you with an anecdote.

Clear reminder that I'm in a Republican state, surrounded by Republican students:
In MFG 201 (History of Creativity) Dr. Strong makes mention of how the citizens of the Roman Empire asserted that they never fought an offensive war. He then said that the United States of America claims the same thing, I was the only person that laughed. Apparently every single one of the 100+ students in that room see our invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq as defensive; because they were "pre-emptive" actions they must be defensive wars. So under that reasoning the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor during World War II was a defensive war by the Japanese. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either Pearl Harbor and Iraq were offensive, or both were defensive, they can't be one and the other, it just doesn't make logical sense. Oh well, I think I may have heard one of those kids say "Baa-ram-ewe".

1 comment:

Yarjka said...

Isn't it possible that none of the other students were paying attention?