Thursday, February 14, 2008

Feeling Up

"It's almost funny, the little things that trigger a drastic change in mood, or cause a mood shift to become recognized as such."

This was the sentence that began my previous entry. It still holds true, but I'm now viewing it from the top of the roller coaster instead of the bottom. It's just little things in life that make a difference. I'm not in a relationship this Valentine's Day, and yet I've already received two gestures of appreciation today, before 8:00 am. I wasn't expecting to receive anything today. I almost simply stayed home and worked from there because it was so gross out. But I had agreed to give a friend a ride to campus, so here I am. I feel good about life.

I also still have a double batch of sugar cookie dough that I will be turning into heart and frog cookies later today. "Hearts, ok, but frogs?", you ask? I borrowed a rolling pin from my sister because I don't own one (yet). She didn't have any heart-shaped cookie cutters, so she makes little frog prince cookies for Valentine's Day. Now, putting little crowns on them is much more work than I want to do so there are simply pink hearts and green frogs. For those that are anti-Valentine's Day that get cookies from me, they can eat a frog.

Life. What a roller coaster.

No comments: