Tuesday, November 28, 2006

An awesome idea

So I had a brilliant idea come to me today while sitting in my Operating Systems class. It was this amazing idea that would have been so cool to implement. So I pulled out my Palm Pilot and started typing this awesome idea in. So the plan was to be able to use an SSH program to backlink from an open server to the client that resides behind a NAT-ed router, so you can talk to it from any machine that can talk to the open server. I had these plans for how I could code it to. Somthing I could do with what I know right now.

Then I started researching, and found it it was already done around 1999-2001-ish. It's called "Reverse SSH Tunneling" And boy is it slick...

Oh well, hopefully I get another great idea in my life.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Oh, CPM. You always have brilliant ideas.