Sunday, January 28, 2007

Poem c. Fall 2006


In Her Hands

How is it so that purely emotional
pain has physical manifestation?
The emptiness I feel is a hole
in my chest.
It gapes, and it hurts.
Something missing which I cannot replace
will it soon subside, or persist until
the day my stolen heart is returned?
And what when it's taken again.
The hole remains unfilled,
each time she goes away.
Taking with her that which I gave,
to cherish or destroy,
In her hands.

-Curious Physics Minor
Fall 2006

1 comment:

Wally_III said...

I may be way out of line here, but...This made me laugh like I haven't laughed in ages. http://elliottback.com/wp/archives/2006/09/03/sudo-make-me-a-sandwich/
I only just recently got it as I was installing Apache2 and MySQL onto my xubuntu server. I laughed myself all the way to class, and drew several strange looks from passerbys. HA!