Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm Moving On

So I think I've confirmed my thoughts about getting over a relationship. It takes me approximately 1/3 the length of the relationship to get over it. I was hesitant to accept this last week when I came to my realizations about why things are better to not be in my previous relationship. I wasn't sure if those understandings would last, which is why I wrote them down. But they have persisted. For a full week now I have felt like I made the right decision. And, in a sad way, it seems like more evidence to support that belief keeps coming in as time goes on. I had an excellent weekend. And I no longer am stressing out about the uncertainties in my life. I got lost in the forest for a little while by focusing on the trees and the fact that I couldn't see the path ahead of me. I have gotten myself past that uncertainty. I am again willing to do as Niebuhr prayed:

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

~ Reinhold Niebuhr

1 comment:

Heather said...

I like that a lot... I think I may have read something similar to it a long time ago.