Monday, June 25, 2007

Las Vegas

I went to Las Vegas over the weekend. I don't really feel like saying too much about it, so I'll put up some pictures ans comment on them a little.

Here's a pretty landscape I took the second evening we were there:


On Saturday we went to Tournament of Kings at Excalibur:

It was a lot of fun. You get dinner, which you have to eat with your hands, and they have knights jousting and fighting and stuff. The meal started with a bowl of dragon blood soup, also known as tomato soup with cheddar cheese melted in. Then they bring you out a platter containing broccoli, steak fries, a roll, and a game hen. Dessert was some type of pastry that was alright. And you're drinking Pepsi this entire time. We were seated in Spain, but sadly our King didn't win, and was killed, twice. I don't have any pictures of the action, because they are strictly forbidden, but I managed to snag a shot or two of the food, but they didn't turn out very well, since I didn't use a flash.


This picture I took specifically for Lavish because of a conversation we had the other day. But, sorry Lavish, I didn't buy you anything.


After the show we trekked over to the Bellagio and visited the atrium that they always have decorated. This time it's decorated with a Route 66 theme. Here are the little jumping water fountains which we always enjoy.


They also had some amazing rose arrangements.


Then we headed outside to the big Bellagio fountains, which are still my favorite attraction in Vegas. I really tried to remove the "Bally's" building from the picture with GIMP, but, alas, my photo editing skills seem to be lacking.


On the way home we stopped by the Las Vegas Temple. I took some really nice pictures of the front, but my camera apparently didn't like them, because there's a 4 picture gap on my camera. Very strange.


And, of course, we did some shopping while down there, but I don't have any pictures from it. I got a sweet jacket from Express, and a shirt from Banana Republic because they had some 50+ % off sales going on.

No comments: