Tuesday, June 05, 2007

More ridiculous exercise

On Saturday I woke up around 8 and decided to ride my bike. I ate breakfast, showered, etc and then got on my bike. I rode to 900 East, rode down 900 East to State Street and took that to the Springville border. I did have a purpose in this trip though. I was looking for somewhere to live in the Fall. I saw a number of place; but none that seemed to fit both my budget and my atmosphere. I rode up the bench of a couple of times, and looked at some nice houses back near the Juvenile Detention Center. Coming back down that hill I broke my speed record (I have a speedometer on my bike). Previously my speed record had been 30.1 mph coming down the hill from Orem to Provo. But I hit 32.9 mph on Saturday, it was cool. The round-trip distance of the ride was around 17 miles, but I didn't feel terribly tired.

When I arrived home I hopped online and continued my housing search. I found a couple places to go check out, but decided to drive as the day was getting much hotter, and I hadn't brought any water with me on my biking excursion. So I drove around and checked out some other places, still not finding anything too great. Then I stumbled upon two houses out on the west side of the highway. I would really like to live in one of them, but it would be too expensive as well (about $400 a month after utilities/internet/etc). [sigh]. Oh well. My search continues.

So if anyone knows of any decent places to live for under $300 a month let me know. I have graduated so I don't have to live in the artificially created BYU bubble, moving outside of that zone is my main goal right now.

3 comments:

Olympus said...

What's your atmosphere?

Unknown said...

My atmosphere is that of a somewhat older, more mature group of people. I do not want to be around 17-19 year old girls, and 21-23 year old guys; their immaturity is just annoying to me.

Brooklyn said...

How happy I am that someone feels this way. Haha.

I'm looking for the same thing, so if I find anything good I'll let you know.