Friday, June 15, 2007

Short Circuit 2

My apartment watched Short Circuit 2 last night. As I was watching it, I became really excited about a book I bought last semester but haven't had a chance to read yet. It's something about Philosophy as explained by Science Fiction Movies. I need to get through the final 3/5 of Atlas Shrugged so that I can read that book. The main human character of the movie is, of course, a complete geek who happens to have feelings for the main female lead. He enters into a conversation with Johnny 5 about human relationships and how complicated they are. For some reason I found it really interesting when he explained something about how there are 6 billion of us on this planet but even getting just two together in a meaningful way seems so impossible at times. Then Johnny 5 tried to express his feelings of loneliness and depression, and relate them to the many things he had read in the books; part of me wishes I didn't know quite so well what he meant.

Anywho, I'm hoping that I'll find something fun to do this weekend; or at least get a bunch of reading done.

No comments: