Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Why?

So, over the years I have had a number friends who are girls, as well as a few girlfriends. In my recollection I think that at some point in conversations with these girls many of them have said something along the lines of "Curious Physics Minor, why are you so nice to me?" And I think to myself what a sad statement that really is. I don't think that I'm overly nice, I'm just me. But I'm learning that I must be wrong in my hope that most guys are nice to girls, because, apparently, that isn't the case. Which makes me sad. Why aren't people nicer to each other, and more specifically, why aren't guys nicer to girls? Why do girls put up with guys that aren't nice to them?

I remember a friend I had in high school. She was in a bad relationship for something like 2 years before a small group of us that cared convinced her that the guy was a bastard (pardon my French). He insulted her, blamed her for his problems, pretty much just treated her like crap; but she'd always say things like, "He's not so bad", "He apologizes afterwards", "He's nice sometimes". We'd just shake our heads and feel sad for her. She finally got out of the relationship, and has since hopped from bad relationship to bad relationship. She tells me she's in a good relationship now, which I really hope is true because she's a great girl.

So.

Guys, shape up and be nice to girls.

Girls, don't put up with jerks. Kick them out on the street and don't let them come back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep being a sweetheart and I'm sure that you'll change girls' opinions...even if it is just one girl at a time.

Katria said...

In my experience in asking pretty much the same question (being "Why are you so nice to me?"), the reason is mostly because I doubt myself so much and have a hard time comprehending why everyone else doesn't feel the same way about me as I do. Just sayin'.