Thursday, May 29, 2008

Interview Number 1: Are you a weirdo?

I started looking for some part-time work about a week ago. I sent my resume out to some places that had advertised on the CS department job board. Yesterday one of them contacted me to setup an interview. So I went and interviewed with them today. This interview was (in my words) simply to determine whether or not I was a weirdo.

The interviewer is essentially the head of HR as well as other sections (it's a small startup company), and he was nice enough to tell me up front that this interview was mostly for him to gauge my personality. So he asked some general HR type questions. I think I did a pretty good job of showing some character and being pleasant and avoiding the appearance of a mal-adjusted nerd.

I got to meet some of the other workers who seemed like cool people who would be fun to work with. The interviewer said he'd probably call me early next week to setup a technical interview. So I'm looking forward to that. I think I'd really enjoy working there, maybe if I get the part-time job it would become a full-time position when I (hopefully) graduate next year. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Good luck!!!