Saturday, May 03, 2008

Journeys and Warm and Fuzzy Feelings

I was stopping by Smith's yesterday morning, as I am wont to do, and parked my car, got out, and began walking to the entrance. Parked just outside the doors, in the fire lane, was a shiny black Cadillac Escalade. I was annoyed at how rich people seem to think they can do whatever they feel like; but those thought were quickly dispersed by the warm and fuzzy feeling of watching the Police Officer writing a nice fatty parking ticket for blocking the fire lane. Is that wrong?

I have begun my journeys for the month of May. I am currently in Las Vegas which is acting as a staging ground for our drive to LA to catch our flight to London, from where we will transfer airports and catch a flight to Paris. We will stay in Paris for 3 days, then return to London for 4 before flying back to LA and driving back to Provo. Kind of an interesting symmetry: Provo -> Las Vegas -> Los Angeles -> London -> Paris: PLLLP. Hah!

I don't have much to say at the moment about the trip, except that Las Vegas will be in the mid-80's today, and London and Paris are supposed to be in the mid-70's the entire time we're over there--- No more winter for me.

No comments: