Friday, May 16, 2008

Playing Ultimate

Playing Ultimate is one of my favorite pastimes. For those unfamiliar, the more common phrase of "Ultimate Frisbee" is a misnomer because "Frisbee" is trademarked. Therefore you simply play the game of "Ultimate" and it is played with "discs" and not "Frisbees".

Anyways, after a couple years of missing the deadlines for Orem Ultimate I managed to remember and sign up for Spring League again this year. A few weeks ago we had an initial team meeting and played a scrimmage which we won. Last week I was in Europe and missed our game, apparently we lost.

Last night we had our second game. The weather was great, though somewhat windy. Our team came out strong with an 8-3 lead at half time. I am still recovering from a cold, but I played hard and fast anyways. I had a number of good blocks and am very pleased with my performance overall. The other team came back hard in the second half scoring a number of quick points. Without losing our lead we were able to reorganize ourselves and seal the victory. I think the final score was 15-10. It was an incredible game, very well played by both sides.

As we continue to play together, and teach the newer players about how to achieve "flow", I think our team will look great. I'm looking forward to an exciting and victorious season.

No comments: