Monday, August 11, 2008

Dating is Against Church Standards

I just proved that dating is against church standards. I am highly amused by this and thus would like to share.

So, everyone that has ever dated would probably agree that in the process of dating you expend a lot of time, energy, money, and emotions. These all amount to costs, you are "paying" in order to date. But, dating does not guarantee any return on investment. You're "paying" but not for sure going to get anything (except perhaps heartache). You're playing the game in hopes of hitting the jackpot, but most of the time you're simply going to lose your "cash". Sounds a lot like gambling to me. Which the church says is bad. Therefore, dating is like gambling. Gambling is bad, ergo dating is bad. QED.

4 comments:

alishka babushka said...

bwa ha ha ha. Hilarious. Simply Hilarious.

Rachel Helps said...

Given this logic, getting a degree is against church standards. Degree = time+money for an unsure reward (making more money? But's it's not a guarantee).

Unknown said...

Au contraire. I'm not getting my degrees because I want to earn more money. I'm getting them because I want to learn more. The fact that I will likely make more money because of it is a welcome by-product, somewhat in the same way that the degrees are a welcome by-product of getting to learn more.

But, I suppose that if a person's goal in getting a degree is to earn more money, then yes.

orb360 said...

I disagree...

The return on investment I get from dating is fun night out. I'd much rather be out with a cutie on a friday night than spend it playing video games at home (which would just be sad...)

^_^