Wednesday, August 27, 2008

If I Could Do One Unskilled Labor Job

This is from my 200th post comments, asking for topics to write about. I was all set to start a in depth discussion about The Dark Knight and how incredible it is as an insightful glimpse into the human psyche, but I think that will wait until another time.

Instead we have a much lighter post:

If I Could Do One Unskilled Labor Job, Regardless of Pay, It Would Be ...

I've actually thought about this one before. I think it's an interesting thing to think about to learn about yourself. If your field of expertise suddenly crumbled into nothingness, what would you do instead? -- At least, that's one way of looking at the question.

I think I would get into construction, specifically house construction. Perhaps it's only because I see the pasture from one side of the fence: Dustinland: Construction Worker Comic. But regardless It seems like it could be a rather rewarding profession. You get to build things, you have a concrete product in your hands and you can watch it grow from nothing to a ready-to-live-in house.

No comments: