Monday, March 31, 2008

Burger King: Failed

On the way to Video Games Live on Saturday we swung through the Burger King drive-thru. Not because we particularly like Burger King, but we were hungry and the line at Wendy's was too long, and there was no line at Burger King. Now we both knew there were reasons that we don't eat Burger King, but we apparently needed those reasons re-iterated to us. Having not been there in a very long time we ask what is on the "Rodeo Burger", and then, not liking the description, decide to order a couple of Whopper Jr's. But, BK doesn't seem to care about getting your order right, and didn't read it back to us, and we instead ended up with two rodeo burgers.

Also, I had ordered a soda, but we also wanted a cup of water. We pull up to the window to pay / get our food, and I ask, "Could we also get a cup of water?" and the employee hands me my soda and with a completely straight face says, "We're out of water cups." and then turns around and walks off. Basically my brain hiccuped upon that response because it made so little sense. For those that know anything about computer processors my brain had begun computing the next train of thought assuming the answer would be, "ok". When that was not the case, I had to start the entire pipeline over again.

Apparently the robot employee handbook says something along the lines of, "Thou Shalt not serve water in a soda cup!" Logic likely being that many cheap, high-school and college students will ask for water, and then fill up with soda. This is easily detected when a clear water cup is full of a colorful and bubbly liquid. However, being in the drive-thru, and already having ordered one soda it seems unlikely that I would have driven around the building, parked, and walked inside to dump out the water and steal 8 cents worth of soda. I'm sure to the mindless drone employee this entire thought process would have taken at least an hour, so there was no hope of convincing them to give us water.

And thus we were made aware again of why we don't eat at Burger King.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Hey! I got a Whopper, Jr. yesterday :) It was my first time at Burger King in a LONG time.