Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Night with the Exes

Krishna wanted me write this post, so here it is.

Friday night Krishna and I went to see Alishka perform in Ballet Showcase. She also choreographed one of the pieces so it was fun to go see. We thoroughly enjoyed the performance. Both Krishna's and my favorite piece was "Windchimes". We also liked the piece Alishka choreographed, the dresses in it were very pretty, she said it turned out exactly how she wanted it to, which must have been very satisfying.

After the performance we met up with Alishka and then went to IHOP for a late breakfast-for-dinner. They each had the Stuffed French Toast and I had the three pancakes meal. There isn't really much of an exciting story to tell of the evening, but Krishna wanted to me to write about spending the evening with two ex-girlfriends.

I suppose to some people it must seem very strange to spend an evening with two previous girlfriends. I never understood why it would be a big deal until I had that one relationship end in disaster, apparently that is how many people expect relationships to end. I don't see why that should be the norm. Seems to me that if two people actually cared about each other, but decide to break up there's no reason to not still be friends. Yes, it takes some time to adjust to being friends and not dating, but it's not that huge of a transition. I'm glad that I can still be friends with a girl after our relationship ends. Of the five girls I've had exclusive relationships with it's just the one that I'm not friends with still.

The great thing about being friends with ex-girlfriends is that you can do things together without having the awkward "I wonder if they want to date me or if we're just friends" problems. You both know where you stand. So to all the readers out there, remember, you can be friends after dating, so long as one of you isn't crazy.

3 comments:

alishka babushka said...

First: I like the new blue look. Very nice.

Second: Thanks again for coming, you rock.

Third: It was fun to spend the night together, and I am SO glad that we CAN be friends! All of the ballet girls were surprised that we were going out afterwards...however, I thought it was good, clean fun! :-) Have a great week!!!

Anonymous said...

This was the dance for which I gave suggestions in this Board Answer*, right? Did it turn out to be anything along those lines?

And, I only have one ex, but I can't really imagine having a friendly dinner over IHOP with him at this point. It seems like it would just become an opportunity for emotional manipulation . . . but c'est la vie, I suppose.

*http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=43268

Unknown said...

Nope that wasn't the one from the question. That's the piece she'll be choreographing this year for her senior piece.