Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Crime Syndicate Codenamed "Olympus"

I will admit that I accidentally stole a bike last week. However, the blame, lies squarely upon the crime syndicate known only as Olympus. I was merely a patsy, being played for a fool. Do not let the innocent "Board Writer" act fool you. Codename "Olympus", working heavily to appear as a single person, is behind every major accidental bicycle larceny to occur last week. For the sake of this expose we will use the feminine pronouns to refer to codename "Olympus", since they use a female persona as their disguise.

Her modus operandi is straight forward. A highly skilled confidence woman, codename "Olympus" will befriend you over the course of several weeks or months. Once she's gained your trust through casual conversation and friendship she will ask you to do a favor for her. In my case it was to retrieve her old bike. The story I was fed was that codename "Olympus" had left this bike in Provo when she left over a year ago. There was not room to bring it with her so it was left locked up at her old apartment complex. Having gained my trust I believed the story. Her problem was that the bike was locked and the combination she remembered for it didn't seem to work when she asked someone to get it for her. So she needed someone to cut off the lock.

The story continues that she spoke to some locksmiths who wanted more money than she wanted to spend, and also wanted proof of ownership which she was not going to be able to provide due to the age of the bike. So, as had been planned and anticipated, I offered to help. I could probably cut the lock off with my rotary tool. The correct location and description were furnished to me and I found the bike there as expected. I cut through the lock (turns out the plastic-sheathed cable locks really aren't that tough, only takes about 30 seconds to cut through with a rotary cutting tool), and took the bike. Codename "Olympus" is thrilled by my success and speed.

Unfortunately, it was soon discovered that this bike did not belong to codename "Olympus". I was lucky though, the bike I had taken had clearly not been used for more than 12 months. The tires were flat and the chain was heavily rusted and detached from the gears. So it wasn't likely that the bike would soon be missed. I returned the bike and informed codename "Olympus" that I wouldn't be doing anymore of her dirty work. I was done. I was getting out. To this response she threatened me and those I care about. So I write this as a warning to all. Codename "Olympus" is highly dangerous and organized. Do not get involved with this organization under any circumstances, once they have you there is no escape. Even I, a highly trained agent, have only been barely able to elude her operatives and I will probably not be able to avoid them much longer.

Spread my story, don't let this evil crime syndicate take over!

2 comments:

enigmatic said...

Wow! You got played...

Brooklyn said...

We'll see who's doing the playing. I'm posting a rebuttal series that will clear the air a bit, I think ...