Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Olympus' Agent

I've read a lot of spy/military novels, watched several movies, and spent time considering various tactical situations one might come across. Based on this history I've been able to build up some knowledge about avoiding ambushes, losing a tail, and otherwise being awesome. So it was no surprise to me that I was able to spot the amateur agent that Olympus seems to have assigned to my case.

In order to avoid possible ambush I alter my path to campus each morning as much as the roads allow. Today's drive also called for an unexpected stop at my part-time job to pick up a paycheck and an assignment. This stop caused the amateur agent to blunder, expecting me to go straight through the green light, rather than turn just before. Caught off guard he or she was forced to turn at the light and loop into the lot from the cross street. I now know who (one of) Olympus' agents is and will be able to setup a counter-ambush at anytime convenient for me, as well as lose the tail whenever necessary. I will not be your pawn in this evil game of destruction you're playing, Olympus. I warn you, keep your agents back or the body count on this relationship is going to go way up.

P.S.
I also know about the agent who was tailing me in Smith's the other day. You think I actually forgot to pickup deli meat after getting bread and walking down to the dairy case? How easy it is to spot a novice when they follow you back and forth across the store like a lost puppy. At least make this a challenge for me!

2 comments:

enigmatic said...

wow, that's pretty intense. Good luck keeping up with Olympus...

Brooklyn said...

You've got to get over all this "blaming stuff on Olympus" stuff. When your own convoluted plans backfire and your own agents turn against you, it's not anyone's fault but your own.