Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fun Fun Fun.....

The Daily Universe ran our article today, but managed to never mention the url... ::eye-roll::

---------

Yesterday I spent 10 hours out of a 19 hour stretch working on a project that was due. The 9 hours not working on it were as follows:
5 hours - sleep
3 hours - class
1 hour - shower / walking to/from class/work

Sounds like fun, right? Well I go the project done for full credit: 20/20 points.

----------

My ward had an Ultimate game last night, which sapped me of all remaining energy.

----------

I was unofficially released from my calling apparently about 2 weeks ago, no one bothered to inform me of the change. I figured it out when I realized we had had 2 ward activities and there was a meeting of the Activities Committee and I wasn't involved in any of them (I was a member of said committee). From what little I've been able to glean from people who like to talk, I am supposed to be receiving some other calling (unknown to me), but until it's decided I'm not being officially released from the AC, nor am I involved in anything....

Doesn't it seem like it might be good to inform someone that they are no longer part of something?

I really don't understand my calling history in my ward. This is the third year in my ward, and I don't think I've held any calling for longer than 4 months. And it's not that I don't perform the duties of my callings. On the AC I cooked pretty much every meal our ward had for various activities, I did shopping, I moved things, set things up, took things down..... and now I'm being shooed off somewhere else. I was previously an EQ teacher. I know I wasn't a great teacher, but I did spend time preparing lessons. I can't even remember what other callings I've had....

----------

There once again is a big push to get everyone to go to FHE. I'd be fine with it if it were a quick thought/lesson, some socializing, some food and 10-15 minutes later you can leave; but instead someone's been pushing to have 15-20 minute lessons. Sorry, I don't have time for another Sunday school Monday nights, I'm already taking religion courses. So really the only reason I don't go to FHE is because it take way too long, does that make me a bad person?

----------

And, best of all, I have pretty much no social life. Thanks to the few people I do see on a regular basis, you keep me sane.

2 comments:

Yarjka said...

I noticed that lack of the URL in the article as well. However, I think the section was well-placed, and will invoke proper interest.

Anonymous said...

Well... I like you.