Thursday, September 14, 2006

How about a blog entry?

So, I guess I'll write an entry since I haven't for a few days. Let's think of something to write about. Oh, how about the secret Senate meeting where they have authorized warrentless wiretaps for use on anyone. Gee, secretive meeting, no oversight, no voting record of the members, authorizing unconstitutional actions... yah this sounds like the great Democracy we live in....

I'm thinking of buying a Guy Fawkes mask and wearing it on November 5. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, look it up, and then go watch "V for Vendetta". It is a great commentary on the state of our government, and where we are quickly going (it takes place in England, but the commentary is definitely about America). Most noticeably is the suggestion of something that occurred in 2015 (the movie occurs around 202x I believe), the idea that Bush did such and such. I've seen some people attempt to call this a flaw in the movie, apparently they didn't quite get it. The point was that Bush continued to violate the constitution to maintain power.

I am optimistic that his regime hasn't caused enough fear and control to do such a thing, but I suppose there's still 2 years. Just so you know, if he does not leave office on inaugaration day, we are all in very deep trouble.

(Surprise! I'm not a republican, but neither am I a democrat.)

No comments: