Saturday, August 26, 2006

There's a Bum in my Bed!

So due to a recent event at my apartment, I've decided I and my friends should write a book entitled "There's a bum in my bed! and other college survival stories"

Yah, A bum tried to move into our apartment. He was like 40+ years old, owned a bag of clothes and a dirty sheet, that was it. He apparently claimed he was a BYU student (I'm guessing he did the contract stuff via phone and mail).

Currently there are 4 of us in my apartment. 1 left to visit family for a few weeks. 2 of us left to come to Las Vegas for a last vacation before school starts again. So only 1 is left. We just get into Las Vegas, and the 1 calls me on my cell phone. He says he came home and there was a guy sleeping in one of the beds. The guy had a key and a contract, but is totally sketchy. He wasn't able to get ahold of the managers, so we begin hunting around for phone numbers. This is at ~12:45 AM. I finally get ahold of the complex owner, who says he just found out about this guy the day before. He doesn't like the look of the guy, and that he's going to check it out with BYU the next day, and also have a background check run....

My roommate calls me up the next day, tells me that the police are coming to take the guy away that evening.... I don't have all the details, but it was way sketchy, and I was going to be PISSED if I got home and all my stuff was gone.....

Crazy, right?

4 comments:

princessoctober said...

Man, I would be way weirded out, and my question is..Don't you have to provide a bunch of papers and such to get into school? If thats the case how did this guy slip through?

Rachel Helps said...

Weird...

Unknown said...

Well, if you tell someone you're going to school (but not actually going), it doesn't really require any papers or stuff.... Which is what this guy apparently did.

TheMoncurs said...

I would totally read your book. That would be awesome. College gives you the best stories!

-K