Monday, October 29, 2007

Likes and Dislikes

I've identified a personality trait that really annoys me: Strangers who make themselves at home in my territory. It's my space and until I know you well enough you don't get to act like it's yours. Don't come in here and start tossing your stuff around, messing with furniture, and eating my treats. Grrr....


In other news, I've begun a collection of Halloween-y classical music. I plan on playing it from my car at ward FHE Trunk or Treat tonight. My mix so far contains:

In the Hall of the Mountain King
Danse Macabre
El Amor Brujo (Ritual Fire Dance)
The Devil's Trill
A Night on Bald Mountain
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Infernal Dance
Toccata and Fugue in D Minor

as well as the Mannheim Steamroller Halloween Mix. Let me know if you have any other suggestions I can add to the list.

2 comments:

TopHat said...

Maybe it's just me, but the Rite of Spring always seemed really spooky.

Rachel Helps said...

I recommend Paul Lansky. His mp3s are free from his site (http://www.music.princeton.edu/~paul/mymp3.html), and the modern music, especially the electronic stuff (towards the bottom), can get pretty creepy-sounding (or at the very least, weird).