Friday, September 07, 2007

Electrical - Done!

Yesterday I got the electrical work finished in my room. I installed a new light fixture on the ceiling to replace the bare bulb that was there. I installed white face plates on the light switch and wall outlet. I ran a grounding wire from the outlet, around my room, out the window, down the side of the house, around the back to an electrical box and properly attached it to the ground wire there. This feat is probably very illegal in terms of home electrical wiring, but it provides me with grounded wiring in my room to help prevent my computer from being destroyed, so whatever. I also hung the two lights I bought from Ikea. My room is beginning to look awesome.

I also turned off the water that runs to the swamp cooler so that it will stop leaking all over the back door.

Today I plan to re-attach the screens in all the windows. Put the doors back on the hinges in my room, paint the doors white, put another coat of white paint on the window. Possibly hang my shelves and paintings, and get a desk if management won't provide me with one.

Tomorrow's plan is to paint the living room.

Apparently one of the roommates has decided to move out. I don't know the exact reasons.

I also heard tell of a friend of a roommate that he went into the Off-Campus Housing Office and said he was unable to find male housing, to which he was told that they knew there wasn't any available and they gave him a waiver. Provo is so screwy in it's housing laws.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that that place is starting to feel more like a home that you can live in! I was worried about you...but I know that living with your friends, everything will work out. :-) Twas good to see ya the other day, even if it wasn't for very long. Thanks for inviting me.