Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Progressing

The walls of the living room are painted now, we need to finish the trim sometime this week. I installed a dimmer on the 2 chandeliers that hang in the living room, as well as replaced the standard bulbs with torch bulbs and removed the hideous bulb covers. I painted the house number sign, so it is now black with bronze numbers. My roommate painted all the outlet/switch covers in the living room the same bronze color. I got an old entertainment center from my sister yesterday and half of the living room is now set up and usable. I still need to run a grounding wire from the living room for my surge protector, I'm going to try to get to that today. iProvo gets installed on Thursday and then we will get to have access to the internets. I also got an old desk from my sister and thus will finally get to finish setting up my room. I called the power company to have them come out and clean up the area where the wires connect to the house. I've been watering the grass this past week. On the side of the house the grass is dead, after just one watering session I saw a complete field of green sprouts coming up below the dead grass. I guess it doesn't take much to get the grass to grow out here, the problem is just that there isn't any water naturally.

In other, non-housing, news: I have tickets to two dinner activities this evening. The GSS BBQ and the CS Department Opening Social. Tomorrow I have tickets to the new grad student dinner, with the possibility of winning tuition just for showing up. Friday I have a stake activity with food provided. That's three days in a row that I can get dinner for free. I am definitely a grad student.

I watched Hitch last night on my laptop before I set up the living room stuff. For some reason I had been wanting to watch it for a few days now. I enjoyed it as much as possible while sitting alone in an empty house. I tried to go visit an friend who recently returned from her mission, but she wasn't home.

No comments: