Wednesday, September 26, 2007

An interesting idea

This was an interesting idea that has prompted a 20+ minute conversation in my lab.

Approach a girl and hand her a $20 bill. Tell her, "Here's twenty bucks, if you'd like to go on a date, I'll take it back and use it to pay for the date; otherwise, keep it."


Please discuss the implications of such an action. How each side might feel about it. What the result may be. Et cetera. I'm not going to discuss where it took our conversation, but it was very interesting to talk about.

2 comments:

bismark said...

this is something i have been debating for a while now. i seemed to be cursed to never get into classes or go to social events where there are girls i am interested in, so i have been curious about methods of meeting women in more spontaneous circumstances.

in all honesty, this sounds like something that would work in the movie hitch, but not in real life, but i think it would be sweet if it did.

alishka babushka said...

funny story: my friend and I were discussing this very thought this evening! well, not exactly, but more the basis of your idea of boys asking girls out on shorter notice, and randomly. Like you asking tomorrow someone out for later that night, or something like that. Then girls don't have time to flip out and over analyze, boys don't freak out and get all worried about what's going to happen, and everyone is happy!

Honestly, the date we went on last weekend was awesome, and I think part of it was because I know I went into it just thinking how much fun it was going to be to get to know someone new and just enjoy an evening out. No worries. No strings attached. Just a lot of fun. I like your idea, but I don't know everyone would react. I would be ecstatically happy and would probably take the date. :-D I'm a sucker for dates.