Thursday, September 13, 2007

iProvo + MStar = Fast Internet

So I had iProvo and MStar come and setup my fiber optic internet connection today at home. I've got things to do now that I can finally finish setting up my room, so I'll just leave it at this:

The iProvo installer arrived first in order to run the fiber line from the utility pole to the house, into the basement, and then connect the fiber termination to copper equipment. A few hours after he got started the MStar techs showed up, 3 of them. They ran a cat5 cable from the equipment in the basement up the side of the house and into my room. Both groups did an excellent job at their work (someone even knocked down the hornets' nest on the side of the fence for us) and the iProvo guy cleaned off our electrical lines of vines when he ran the fiber. I was very happy with their timeliness, service, and overall competence. If everyone gets this type of service from the two I would definitely recommend getting an iProvo fiber line through MStar. The total install took 3.5 hours, which may seem long, but remember that it involved a guy climbing up not one, but two utility poles to splice the fiber line, as well as installing equipment and running an electrical line in the basement, and a cat5 cable upstairs to my room. I was quite pleased, and I even wrote "Excellent Service" on each of their comments section on the forms I had to sign.

No comments: